How To Accelerate Performance Using Dynamic Remarketing
Dynamic remarketing is a powerful way of enabling greater precision and efficiency within your advertising campaigns. It helps you re-engage users on a personalised level, based on their past online interaction with your brand.
Remarketing targets existing audiences with general ads relating to your website. However, dynamic remarketing goes one step further and retargets audiences with ads featuring the exact product or service they viewed on your site.
But how can dynamic remarketing be effectively deployed, and how can it accelerate performance?
Besides providing customers with a direct path back to your website to complete a purchase, dynamic remarketing requires efficient processes across your whole marketing machine.
In this blog, we will explore the various benefits of dynamic remarketing and how you can use it to overcome some common challenges in your advertising strategy.
Why is dynamic remarketing important?
The short answer is that dynamic remarketing encourages visitors back to your website to convert at a better rate than other forms of remarketing.
Latest stats show that only 2% of website visitors convert during their first visit to a website, so enticing them back is very important. Dynamic remarketing ads target four types of visitors, with each group varying in the likelihood of being enticed to click through and return to convert.
These groups range from the following:
- Visitors who simply landed on the site
- Those who viewed or searched for a product or a service on your website
- Users that abandoned their cart before completing the purchase
- Past buyers
Retargeting customers can also benefit your budget; clicks on remarketing adverts can be up to 8 times cheaper than on traditional ads. Moreover, the all-important click-through rate (CTR) further proves the importance of retargeting campaigns. It’s estimated that CTR for ads targeting users who have previously shown explicit interest in a product is ten times higher than typical display ads.
That lays out the case for audience retargeting, but what about dynamic remarketing as a strategy? The importance lies in the look and feel of such ads and their sophistication.
Firstly, let’s examine user experience when it comes to dynamic ads.
Recent stats show that users are far more receptive to remarketing ads than they are to any other form:
- According to Five Stones, 25% of consumers have reported that they are tolerant of remarketing ads
- 60% confirm that they consider the product featured in the ad, which they had previously shown interest in
These two stats show that dynamic remarketing allows you to communicate with the audience in a way that they are receptive to, and they are likely to be influenced by it.
Better communication and increased consideration equal a higher likelihood of the user clicking through and completing a purchase.
Why should you use video ads for dynamic remarketing?
At the heart of a successful campaign is video.
Much like the success of display ads hinge on creative and engaging assets, dynamic remarketing campaigns often perform at their best when video is at its heart. Results from our latest in-house ad analysis with gathered data from Bannerflow’s platform, reviewing over 1 billion ad impressions, confirm as much.
Video outperforms every other medium across the board. This is the same across all the key sectors our ads originate from, be it telecoms, travel, B2C or finance.
Within the wider industry, video is shown to increase CTR within ads. Figures from Adobe show that viewers are 1.81 times more likely to complete a purchase if they engage with a video ad compared to a static ad.
Our latest data back up such findings:
- Video share formats within the iGaming sector have increased from 2% in 2018 to 11% in 2022
- Within the travel sector, CTR for video ads has increased from 11% in 2021 to 18% in 2022
- Across the finance sector, video is also the most successful medium, generating a 24% CTR on ads compared to a 16% CTR for non-video ads
Now that we have established video performs exceptionally well within dynamic remarketing campaigns, let’s glance at the various video ad options available.
The different types of video ad campaigns
The most impactful video ads don’t just capture user attention; they also persuade the user to complete the desired action.
Here’s how to ensure your ads are delivering the best CTR for your video ad campaigns:
- Get creative and include rich media and interactive elements where you can. It can be simpler than you think to create dynamic and interactive video ads using HTML5.
- Try automating your display ad creative. This makes it faster and easier to optimise everything from CTA position to banner style, so you can quickly find the best-performing version.
- Avoid obstructive ads that expand automatically, unless initiated by the user first – you want to entice the user, not annoy them.
- Keep your video length to under 15 seconds. Any longer, you risk losing user attention or the subtlety that the most successful video ads are known for.
- Pay attention to sizing. 300 x 600 is considered the most impactful banner option. This is also the spec most preferred by advertisers, according to AdSense. The ‘half page’ is one of the fastest-growing display sizes due to its larger space and ability to feature more dynamic, richer ads.
Need some inspiration? We’ve collated the best examples of banner ad campaigns this year, which showcase compelling assets, engaging copy and the best use of ad technology.
Are you convinced that your future advertising strategy should include dynamic remarketing? Find out how our Creative Management Platform can help transform your ad performance in no time.
Or take our simple test to find out how bad (or good) your BADS* really are and receive a customised plan on how you can get better!
*BADS, short for Bad Ads