Sankt Eriksgatan 46
112 34 Stockholm
Phone: +46 (0) 72 314 61 11
Last revised 2018-08-22
1. Categories of Personal Data and Processing Purposes – What personal data do we process about you and why? What is the legal justification for processing your personal data and what happens if you choose not to provide it?
WP Engine, Inc (“WP Engine”)
The Bannerflow website is hosted on WP Engine. WP Engine collects information about the website visitors to provide the service, analyse trends in the aggregate, and administer the site.
This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
As a visitor to the Bannerflow website you automatically transfer this information. Without this personal information it is impossible for Bannerflow to serve the website in a reliable manner.
Vimeo, Inc (“Vimeo”)
Bannerflow is using Vimeo to host and display videos on the Bannerflow website. In order to provide the videos and understand the usage of the videos Vimeo collects data on behalf of Bannerflow. Without this personal information it is impossible for Bannerflow to serve the videos in a reliable manner.
This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from Vimeo and the referring website address (i.e. bannerflow.com).
1.2 Third-party analytics
Bannerflow also uses third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our services. If you choose not to provide this personal data, Bannerflow will not be able to use these services to improve your website experience in a simple and data driven way.
Bannerflow is using the following services:
Demandbase, Inc (“Demandbase”)
Bannerflow is using Demandbase to identify what company visitors come from, by using a so-called Demandbase tag. This information is used to improve and personalise your website visit.
Through the tag, Demandbase collects personal information that identifies a particular device, such as cookie-based online identifiers and IP address.
Intercom, Inc (“Intercom”)
Google LLC (“Google Analytics”)
Bannerflow is using Google Analytics in order to gain further understanding of how the Bannerflow website is used. Data such as pages viewed and time on site is stored in Google Analytics.
You can opt-out of having making your site activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
1.3 Third party advertising
Bannerflow also use third-party services to serve ads using retargeting and similar techniques. If you choose not to provide personal data Bannerflow will not be able to personalise advertising targeted towards you in the same way.
Bannerflow is using the following services:
Facebook, Inc (“Facebook”)
Bannerflow is using a so-called Facebook pixel to gather information about visitors for marketing purposes.
It is also possible to opt out of all targeted Facebook advertising here: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
LinkedIn Corporation (“LinkedIn”)
Bannerflow is using a so-called LinkedIn Insight Tag to gather information about visitors to be used for marketing purposes.
The LinkedIn Insight Tag creates a unique LinkedIn browser cookie on a visitor’s browser and enables the collection of the following data for that cookie: metadata (such as IP address, timestamp, page events (like page views), and LinkedIn demographic information if there is an active LinkedIn.com member cookie present. For more information see: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/65521
Google LLC (“Google”)
Demandbase, Inc (“Demandbase”)
Bannerflow is also using Demandbase to target companies (accounts) with ads. Demandbase works with publisher networks and exchanges to serve customer ads across the web. Demandbase may collect personal information from conducting targeting advertising across these websites.
You can read more about how Demandbase handles the data here: https://www.demandbase.com/privacy-policy/
1.4 Communication tools
Bannerflow is using certain communications tools in order to communicate with website visitors, potential customers, and customers. If you choose not to provide personal data Bannerflow would not be able to personalise the messaging, give you timely help, see the conversation history between you and Bannerflow representatives, and in some cases not even communicate with you.
Hubspot, Inc (“Hubspot”)
Bannerflow is using Hubspot to gather information on what visitors do on the website in order to provide personalised marketing and better responses to questions asked by visitors.
If we send you a targeted email which includes web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies, we will know whether you open, read, or delete the message.
When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from Bannerflow, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view, and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered to, or signed into, our site.
You can read about the tracking that Hubspot performs here:
Intercom, Inc (“Intercom”)
We offer the Drift chat bot functionality to our site visitors through pop-up chat and sometimes via email for longer or continued conversations. We use Drift as a conversational marketing tool to have better interactions with our prospective customers.
You can also speak with Drift directly over any concerns you may have about your data: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.5 Trial application
If you apply for a trial, you will be asked to provide the following personal data about you: first name, last name, business email address, company website, phone number, number of campaigns, industry, what’s most important to your business in online advertising, and consent to receive marketing materials. We process such personal data for purposes of answering your queries or information requests, providing desired products or services, providing you with marketing materials to the extent permitted by applicable law, analysing your interests for marketing purposes, improving our website according to usage patterns, and other purposes to which you have agreed. This data is stored in Hubspot. If you do not provide this data we are unable to process your query.
1.6 Request for pricing call
If you request a pricing call, you will be asked to provide the following personal data about you: first name, last name, business email address, phone number, company name, number of campaigns, advertising budget, industry, and consent to receive marketing materials. We process such personal data for purposes of answering your queries or information requests, providing desired products or services, providing you with marketing materials to the extent permitted by applicable law, analysing your interests for marketing purposes, improving our website according to usage patterns, and other purposes to which you have agreed. This data is stored in Hubspot. If you do not provide this data we are unable to process your query.
1.7 Contact form
If you fill in our contact form, you will be asked to provide the following personal data about you: first name, last name, business email address, your query, and consent to receive marketing materials. We process such personal data for purposes of answering your queries or information requests, providing desired products or services, providing you with marketing materials to the extent permitted by applicable law, analysing your interests for marketing purposes, improving our website according to usage patterns, and other purposes to which you have agreed. This data is stored in Hubspot. If you do not provide this data we are unable to process your query.
If you request to download a resource such as an e-book, you will be asked to provide the following personal data about you: first name, last name, business email address, company name, how many ad campaigns you produce, and consent to receive marketing materials. We process such personal data for purposes of answering your queries or information requests, providing desired products or services, providing you with marketing materials to the extent permitted by applicable law, analysing your interests for marketing purposes, improving our website according to usage patterns, and other purposes to which you have agreed. This data is stored in Hubspot. If you do not provide this data we are unable to process your query.
1.9 Newsletter/blog subscription
If you request to receive our newsletter, we collect and process the following personal data about you: business email address. We process such personal data for purposes of providing the newsletter and other marketing materials to the extent permitted by applicable law, and analysing your interests for marketing purposes. This data is stored in Hubspot. If you do not provide this data we are unable to send you our newsletter.
1.10 Bannerflow platform
Some personal information is needed in order to log in to and use the Bannerflow platform. If you do not consent to Bannerflow keeping this personal information we cannot provide you with access to our platform.
Personal information such as name is used to identify the user in the platform. For example, displaying what user has made a comment.
In order to authenticate that the user has access to the platform, Bannerflow needs access to some personal data when creating an account and logging in. In order to keep the platform operational and stable Bannerflow needs to log activity and process this personal data.
Bannerflow is using the third-party services Google Analytics, Mixpanel and Hotjar in order to track user activity in the platform, including recording of user interactions (i.e. mouse movements, clicks). This data is used to analyse how the platform is being used. From the insights the data gives, Bannerflow can take decisions on how the platform can be improved.
Bannerflow communicates platform updates, scheduled maintenance, NPS surveys and other relevant information to all users from time to time. This is done by email or chat through Mandrill/Mailchimp, Slack, Wootric and Intercom.
CDNs (Content Delivery Network) are used to serve banners and content in the platform quickly and reliable to the user. The IP-address is by default part of the information shared with the CDNs.
When using third party platforms to publish, such as Facebook and Adform, the user data for those platforms will pass through the Bannerflow platform to the third-party providers.
Bannerflow is using Vimeo to host and display videos in the Bannerflow platform. In order to provide the videos and understand the usage of the videos Vimeo collects data on behalf of Bannerflow. Without this personal information it is impossible for Bannerflow to serve the videos in a reliable manner. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from Vimeo and the referring website address (i.e. bannerflow.com).
2. Categories of Recipients and International Transfers – Who do we transfer your personal data to and where are they located?
We may transfer your personal data to third parties for the processing purposes described above as follows:
- Within Bannerflow: Bannerflow may receive your personal data as necessary for the processing purposes described above.Depending on the categories of personal data and the purposes for which the personal data has been collected, different internal departments within the Bannerflow may receive your personal data. For example, our IT department may have access to your account data, and our customer success and sales departments may have access to your account data or data relating to product orders. Moreover, other departments within Bannerflow may have access to certain personal data about you on a need to know basis, such as the legal department, the finance department, or internal auditing.
- With data processors: Certain third parties, whether affiliated or unaffiliated, may receive your personal data to process such data under appropriate instructions (“Processors“) as necessary for the processing purposes described above, such as analytics service providers, order fulfilment providers, customer care providers, marketing service providers, IT support service providers, and other service providers who support us in maintaining our commercial relationship with you. The Processors will be subject to contractual obligations to implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard the personal data, and to process the personal data only as instructed.
- Other recipients: We may transfer – in compliance with applicable data protection law – personal data to law enforcement agencies, governmental authorities, judicial authorities, legal counsel, external consultants, or business partners. In case of a corporate merger or acquisition, personal data may be transferred to the third parties involved in the merger or acquisition. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes or for any other purposes without permission.
Any access to your personal data is restricted to those individuals that have a need-to-know in order to fulfil their job responsibilities.
International transfers. The personal data that we collect or receive about you may be transferred to and processed by recipients that are located inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). For recipients located outside of the EEA, some are certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and others are located in countries with adequacy decisions, and, in each case, the transfer is thereby recognised as providing an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection law perspective. Other recipients might be located in countries which do not adduce an adequate level of protection from a European data protection law perspective. We will take all necessary measures to ensure that transfers out of the EEA are adequately protected as required by applicable data protection law. With respect to transfers to countries not providing an adequate level of data protection, we will base the transfer on appropriate safeguards, such as standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or by a supervisory authority, approved codes of conduct together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient, or approved certification mechanisms together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient. You can ask for a copy of such appropriate safeguards by contacting us as set out in Section 6 below.
3. Retention Period – How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will be retained as long as necessary to provide you with the requested services. Once our relationship has ended, we will take steps to remove your personal data from our systems and records, anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it or otherwise see to that access to the personal data is highly restricted. The foregoing does not apply to the extent needed to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which Bannerflow is subject (e.g. taxation purposes).
We may retain your contact details and interests in our products or services for a longer period of time if Bannerflow is allowed to send you marketing materials. We may also retain your personal data after the termination of the contractual relationship to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws or if we need your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, on a need to know basis only. To the extent possible, we will restrict the processing of your personal data for such limited purposes after the termination of the contractual relationship.
Data from cookies and similar technologies is retained as follows:
Google Analytics: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Google AdWords: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
4. Your Rights – What rights do you have and how can you assert your rights?
Right to withdraw your consent: If you have declared your consent regarding certain collecting, processing and use of your personal data (in particular regarding the receipt of direct marketing communication via email), you can withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal. Please contact us as stated in Section 6 below to withdraw your consent.
Additional data privacy rights: Pursuant to applicable data protection law, you may have the right to: (i) request access to your personal data; (ii) request rectification of your personal data; (iii) request erasure of your personal data; (iv) request restriction of processing of your personal data; (v) request data portability; and/or (vi) object to the processing of your personal data (including objection to profiling).
Please note that these aforementioned rights might be limited under the applicable local data protection law.Below please find further information on your rights to the extent that the GDPR applies:
- Right to request access to your personal data: You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal data. This access information includes – inter alia – the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access.
You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing free of charge. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to request rectification: You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to request erasure (right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such personal data.
- Right to request restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your personal data. In such case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to request data portability: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal data. Such right to object may especially apply if we collect and process your personal data for profiling purposes in order to better understand your interests in our products and services or for direct marketing. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. You may exercise this right by contacting us as stated in Section 6 below. Such a right to object may, in particular, not exist if the processing of your personal data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing via email, you need to withdraw your consent as explained above. To exercise your rights, please contact us as stated under Section 6 below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
5. Cookies and other tracking technologies
6. Questions and Contact Information
As part of your business relationship with Bannerflow we might send you the following communications:
- Premium trial information
- Monthly Newsletter
- Product updates
- Information about up and coming events and competitions
- Information about relevant products and services you may also be interested in
As described above you can unsubscribe at any time.